Re: some unfamiliar software registration act???

also sprach Adam Majer <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> [2002.01.22.0421 +0100]:
> > we, the developers, put hours on end into this project because we trust
> > it (oh, and use it, and enjoy it), if that ridiculous bullshit act about
> > cryptographic registration of every computer component and software
> > piece would actually be enforced, Debian would die, and we'd have done
> > all the work for nothing. but we don't think that way. so you shouldn't
> > either. think about how much trouble Debian did shield from you, and how
>
> ?? What are you talking about? What act?

SSSCA it's called i believe. [1] and [2]

  1. http://cryptome.org/sssca.htm
  2. http://www.petitiononline.com/SSSCA/petition.html

as i was going up the stair
i met a man who wasn't there.