Re: a modest proposal - Debian needs more $

> And people who download ISO's to sell should be paying a LOT.

i'd like to see ISO images that have nothing more then
boot/root+base. they'd be maybe 20-30MB a piece ...
i download the ISOs soley to install without floppies
i rarely install files other then the base off CD.

but i too wouldn't mind a pay download service ..seems
in recent months most of the fast U.S. debian mirrors
have gone away. or maybe its just my providers.. usually
10-20kb/s once or twice i can get a site that can give
100+kb/s.

when i was installing cups a few nights ago it was somewhat
painful using apt i had to restart it 50+ times because
downloads kept stalling on my 1024kbps/1024kbps line.

i keep meaning to setup an internal debian mirror for
my ~40 servers but haven't had a chance yet.

or maybe its ENRON. ive noticed a bunch of my traffic
goes out of six.enron.net part of the Seattle Internet
eXchange ..damn that enron!

nate