Re: write to ntfs-partition?

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 07:08:30PM +0100, Claus Ladekj?r Wilson wrote:
> Does anyone know how far the kernel build is from being able to write to a
> ntfs-partition? Even though I do compile my own kernel, I get the message
> 'mount read-only' because ntfs is win2k+
> (If this is not a relevant place to ask - could someone advice where to go
> next then?)

You can write to it (which corrupts it) then fix it then reboot into windows and it *should* work. You must do it in that order and it will probably destroy your data. Test it with a test NTFS partition first and then decide against using it.

see...

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/

Kind Regards
Crispin