RE: write to ntfs-partition?

| Does anyone know how far the kernel build is from being able to
| write to a
| ntfs-partition? Even though I do compile my own kernel, I get the message
| 'mount read-only' because ntfs is win2k+
| (If this is not a relevant place to ask - could someone advice
| where to go
| next then?)

I suggest that you use fat32 (vfat) partitions with win2k, saves loads of
potential problems.  I have had my hard drive eaten by NT when it discovered
a "problem" with a single file on the NTFS partition and ended up corrupting
every file.  If it weren't for a backup, I'd have lost tons of data, instead
I lost a day rebuilding.

HTH,

Brooks