Re: semi-ot: learning python

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 09:35:42AM -0500, Greg Fischer wrote:
| I'd like to learn python.  I know a bit of C++ as a result of taking a
| course.

If you already know C++ you'll find python a breeze.  I really like
the language.

The best place to start, for someone who knows programming, is the
Tutorial on python.org

http://python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html

Also join the tutor list

| Once I get started programming, I generally enjoy it, but when
| I don't have any definite problem to solve, I have problems motivating
| myself.  So...

Here's a problem for you :

Given an email message on stdin, remove subject and body cruft the
list manager stuck in there.  :-).  I'm trying to do this right now.

-D

--

The remote desktop feature of Windows XP is really nice (and *novel*!).
As a Microsoft consultant can *remotely* disable the personal firewall