Re: newbie

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Karim Zerioh wrote:

> But in the next stage (partition hard disk) i don't know what to do?

If it's just a home machine, I suggest this:

/boot (10 MB at the beginning of the disk, this should be a Linux
partition)
/ (N-138=xMB, where N is your drive's capacity and x is the size of this
partition, this should also be a Linux partition)
swap (128MB, Linux Swap partition)

This is the least hassle way of doing things from my experiance, but
provides no protection against something going completely awry and
sucking up all the disk space.  This isn't likely to happen, especially
on the stable distro.

> I tried to do "write" for all partitions suggested but the
> installation process still on the same stage.

Write just writes the partition table and is something done to the disk,
not a partition.

--
Baloo