Re: nVidia and X problems

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Xavier Hubin wrote:

> I experienced also flickering but i fixed it by updating manually in the
> XF86config-4 file the refrech rate given in my monitor documentation.
> Be carfull with that! Be sure to put value given in your monito doc!!

If they're not printed on the monitor, I *strongly recommend* checking
your monitor documentation if you still have it or going to
http://www.monitorworld.com/ and looking it up.  Write your refresh
rates, maximum resolution and color depth on the top or back of the
monitor in magic-marker.  This makes it much, much easier if you need to
reinstall X or for the next owner if you sell the monitor.

> i never succeeded to use the "nv" driver

I did, once, but it was fairly craptastic.  nVidia and XFree86, Inc
really need to team up on this one.  XF86 I'm sure has someone dying to
write decent drivers for nv, and nv's just sitting on the information
necissary for them to get it done right...

--
Baloo