Re: Linux ICQ client that doesn't suck?

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 03:05:54AM -0500, Brian Clark wrote:
> * Benjamin Sommerfeld (benjamin.sommerfeld@innovidata.com) [Jan 18. 2002 02:59]:

> > They changed the protocol in their new Windows Client so none of the
> > old clients is usable and there's no open source implementation of the
> > new protocol out yet, so there can be no usable Linux Client to this
> > day.
>
> Some Linux clients *do* work with the new/changed protocol. I know
> centericq 4.5.x does, at least. I haven't had any problems with it, but
> I did have problems with others (like Licq).
I've build a licq CVS Snapshot a few days ago and it works very well.
It supports the new protocol, has a little bit modified QT plugin etc.
You can build it in your home directory so it's an ease to kick it away
if you don't like it.

Sven

--
>Lamer! :)\n Lokaler Admin mit enormen Rechten[tm]
[Christian Schneider und Jens Himmelrath in alt.hacker.org-gcf]
http://www.linux-secure.de http://www.linuxboard.de
http://www.bluephod.net http://www.disconow.de