Re: Linux ICQ client that doesn't suck?

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:

The only possability to use ICQ these days in Linux is by using a ICQ Java
applet on the ICQ page. http://lite.icq.com

They changed the protocol in their new Windows Client so none of the old
clients is usable and there's no open source implementation of the new
protocol out yet, so there can be no usable Linux Client to this day.

With old clients you can get online, receive messages, but when you send
messages they don't reach your pals.....