Re: apt-get

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 16:30, Benjamin Pharr wrote:
> The reason there are broken dependencies is because a package won't
> install. There is a bug in it that must be fixed before it will work. I
> want to be able to install completely unrelated packages with apt-get in
> the mean time. Is that possible?

Well you could always grab the debs by hand with ftp and then your
dpkg -f to install them.  Other than that once you got dependancy
problems you either resolve them or have a broken system.  I had the
same problems with ximian and I grabed the offending pakages off the
oficiall archives and forced the installs and now my system is happy
again.
-Scott Henson