Re: GUI mail readers

At 19:24 16/01/2002 -0600, you wrote:
On 17 Jan 2002 00:24:08 +0000 Geoff Beaumont <Geoff@stormhammer.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 23:13, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Thanks to all.  Last night I found Sylpheed, and do like it, since
> > I use Outlook at work.  The boss will, too.
>
> As a replacement for Outlook (as opposed to Outlook Express), you might
> want to look at Evolution, which offers much the same facilities.

Yes, that's the Holy Grail. Unfortunately, there are Deep Library Conflicts that
keep it from being installed on Woody.

Since I want to keep a "pure" .deb system, Sylpheed it is...

I'm running it on Woody...I don't recall installing it from Sid, but I might have.
It runs fine, as long as you don't use Xinerama (that seems to be a GNOME
issue rather than Evo itself - it also affects gdm).

Hmm, search of the Debian package listings only shows it in Sid...and I
think it's a minor release ahead of what I'm running - time to upgrade I
guess.

Like I said, it does work, though you'll probably have to pull a few libraries
from Sid too.

Geoff Beaumont
Geoff@stormhammer.com