Re: GUI mail readers

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:30:25 +0100 Sven Hoexter <sven@telelev.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 09:23:17AM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> >
> > > Looking for mail programs for my wife that can import Outlook Express
> > > data.  I know of:
> > >   KMail   (can import from OE)
> > >   Mozilla   (can not import from OE) (very surprising)
> > >   Evolution   (Don't know.)
> > >
> > > Any more?
> >
> > As Ross told you, nothing can import current Outlook Express data. You'll
> > have to go through an IMAP server, which fortunately is pretty easy to do
> > (see my other message on this, in reply to Ross).
> Maybe the others use mbox format or other and maybe their are commandline tools
> to trainsfair them to the used mailbox format.
>
> Ask freshmeat.net :)

Thanks to all.  Last night I found Sylpheed, and do like it, since
I use Outlook at work.  The boss will, too.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org       |
! "Millions of Chinese speak Chinese, and it's not           |
!  hereditary..."                                            |
!    Dr. Dean Edell                                          !