Re: WindowMaker is ugly!!

on Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:52:51PM -0600, DvB insinuated:
> Speaking of uneditable prefs under wmaker, I decided to check it out
> recently and ran into bug #108903. Not sure from the original
> message, but this might be the cause of the problem mentioned...

it doesn't look like it to me -- that refers to saving wmaker defaults
improperly "if /tmp is on another disk, partition, or filesystem" --
which mine's not.

and it's not just incorrectly saving preferences -- after it fails to
save different-than-default prefs, it changes the entire theme and
background to something nasty and undocumented (i.e., it's nowhere in
the 'themes' menu).

</nori>

-------------------------http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/daily.html