Re: multiple mails

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 11:42 am, dman wrote:
[snip]

> One message alone might not give enough clues.  Seeing what is the
> same and what is different between 2 or more might.
>
> | i take it from your reply that you haven't been receiving multiples
> | of my posts--or am i wrong?
>
> Just this one, and that is because you use "reply-to-all".
>
> I've seen some scattered (on-list) duplicates from people, but when I
> looked (to see if it was the start of a flood from some misconfigured
> system) they were both injected into the mail system by the OP at
> (slightly) different times.  I dismissed those as accidental
> reposting (by hitting "send" twice or something, you can do that on
> web forms).

hey dman,
this should have just gone to the list--if you get a personal, then something
weird is happening. let me know if that happens. i'm asking the one guy who's
been receiving the multiples to send me more headers for investigation. in
that you are the only one who responded and that the duplicate was legal
mailer output rather than any weirdness, i'm working with the theory that his
server config is getting itself stuck on some part of my headers. nothing has
changed on mine recently so i can't really attribute it to a flaw at my end
because others would surely be suffering its consequences, as well. but i'm
waiting to see the headers before being sure about anything.