Re: multiple mails

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 11:01:39AM -0800, ben wrote:
| On Wednesday 16 January 2002 10:41 am, dman wrote:
| > On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 10:07:06AM -0800, ben wrote:
| > | yo list,
| > |
| > | i've had a complaint from one subscriber that he's receiving my list
| > | posts in multiples of up to eight for the same single email, and,
| > | apparently, i'm the only culprit. i'm trying to figure out why. has
| > | anyone else been similarly afflicted by me? also, if anyone knows how
| > | this could be happening, tips towards resolution would be appreciated.
| >
| > Have him post the complete headers from 3 or so of the duplicate
| > mails.  Hopefully something in there will give a clue (most likely in
| > the Received: headers).
|
| thanks for the response. i've checked one of those so far and can't find
| anything that would lead to this.

One message alone might not give enough clues.  Seeing what is the
same and what is different between 2 or more might.

| i take it from your reply that you haven't been receiving multiples
| of my posts--or am i wrong?

Just this one, and that is because you use "reply-to-all".

I've seen some scattered (on-list) duplicates from people, but when I
looked (to see if it was the start of a flood from some misconfigured
system) they were both injected into the mail system by the OP at
(slightly) different times.  I dismissed those as accidental
reposting (by hitting "send" twice or something, you can do that on
web forms).

-D

--

"GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple actions and
impossible to accomplish complex actions."