Re: cdrecord input buffer

Thus spake David Gardi:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm using a Plexwriter 24/10/40, but I have problems when I write at 10x.
> (havn't tried 24 yet [:)] )
> My default input buffer is of 24m however I have tried using 64, 128 etc..
> whatever I do, the buffer eventually reaches 0% (the bigger the buffer the
> slower it takes to get to 0) then bounces back to 100% gradually
> then goes down again. It's reading from a cdrom device at approx 50x,
> but the same problem occurs from a fast disk. I'm passing
> driveropts=burnproof to cdrecord not knowing exactly what it does
> however does seem to record stuff correctly even if the buffer
> overflows.
> Here are the last lines of output from cdrecord:
>
> Track 01: Total bytes read/written: 516194304/516194304 (252048 sectors).
> Writing  time:  376.461s
> Fixating...
> Fixating time:   34.818s
> cdrecord: fifo had 8132 puts and 8132 gets.
> cdrecord: fifo was 250 times empty and 0 times full, min fill was 0%.
>
> Any ideas and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
> David.

I'm not sure I understand - those look like the lines I would expect
to see after a successful burn.  The lines just say:
Track number & size
Time to write
Fixating disk (so it's readable)
Time to fixate
bits in and bits out were the same (nothing dropped)
The data stream was never full, but there were times when it was
empty.
Are you burning coasters?  Your message seems to imply that you're
not, but maybe I'm missing something.
Steve

--
Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be
lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.