problems with VIEWMOL

Hi;

  I am using woody wiht linux 2.4.17. I downloaded ( using
  apt-get install viewmol) viewmol.

  It work in some ways, but a left click in any part of the window
  closes the program.

  The message reads:

    Xlib: sequence lost (ox10000 > 0x944) in reply to oxo!
    Xerror of failed request:0
      Major opcode of failed requests: 0 ()
      Serial number of failed request: 0
      Current serial number of  output stream: 2372

I have checked that all the required library files are there.
There eas no libMesaGLU.so but a lilbMesaGLU.so.3 , so I linked the
latter to it.  This does not make any difference.

Any suggestions as to what may be wrong.
--
Sebastian Canagaratna
Department of Chemistry