Re: Large file sizes (2+Gb)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Cassandra Lynette Ludwig wrote:

> Obviously you didn't read the message, I had said I had upgraded to
> 2.4.17 to get reiserfs as ext2 cannot handle such large files.

I was only going to flame you once but this message deserves two.

> I cannot split the video data into multiple files - this is not text
> it is compressed DVI data.  If you do not know the file format, do not
> suggest options like this.

If you do not know how files work, do not be insulting.  Any file can be
split and reassembled regardless of what is in it.

> Don't annoy me anymore with messages as un thought out as this.  It
> feels like the sort of responses I used to get from the Redhat
> technical support team.

Until you adjust your attitude no one will be able to help you, no matter
how much they may want to, and you won't be worthy of the help.

When volunteers help you for free, you owe them respect and a willingness
to work with them, not insult them.  You owe this even if you were paying
for support, but it is doubly important when something is community
supported.