Re: Mouse functionality

On 01/15/02 22:47:35 -0500, dman wrote:
> I'll disagree :-).  People seem to have lots of trouble getting gpm
> and X to play nicely together, but once you know the basics it is easy :
>
> 1)  pick the right protocol in gpm
> 2)  set gpm repeat_type to 'raw'
> 3)  use the _same_ protocol in X
>
> If you do that you'll have no problems.

I'll second that. This is how I have mine configured. The mouse (MS
Intellimouse Explorer) works wonderfully in X and at the console. The
only gripe I have is that if I switch between workstations with my KVM
switch, something happens to the mouse support when I come back to my
Linux box. I have to restart the gpm daemon for things to correct
themselves. I bit of a pain, but it's not too difficult to get to the
console and restart gpm. Before setting it up this way, I had to kill
the X session with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and restart.

--
Mark Wagnon
<mark_wagnon@yahoo.com>