Re: persistent keyboard problems

also sprach Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com> [2002.01.15.0734 +0100]:
> If you're using kdm, gdm, or something similar that allows you to choose
> a window manager/desktop environment when logging in, you need to choose
> the "default" session for ~/.xsession to get sourced.  Otherwise it'll
> be ignored.  Perhaps this is your problem?

she's an xdm purist.

good point though.

nori,

xset from the console (manually) works?
xset in .xsession, and executed from the console works?
xset in .xsession, and sourced from the console works?
xset in .xsession during session start works?
  (verify that with the echo call and ~/.xsession-errors.

in general, what's .xsession-errors say?

as i learn the innermost secrets of the people around me,
they reward me in many ways to keep me quiet.