Re: Gnome Error Message

Submitted 13-Jan-02 by Tobias Wolter:
> locale value filled in ('spose US doesn't need anything else than C,
> right?).

With C locale, many locale aware (console) apps fail to display 8-bit
characters.  Setting locale to en_US works, but more specialized
locales, like en_US.ISO-8859-1 generate the GTK warning (I don't
remember if en_US.UTF-8 generated it as well, and I don't have X on this
box).

Also, sorting is less than intuitive for C locale (pure ASCII order as
opposed to alphabetical)

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<darkimage@programmer.net>              RSA key available upon request

"I got everybody to pay up front...then I blew up their planet."
"Now why didn't I think of that?"
  -- Post Bros. Comics