Re: base files for woody?

Daniel Freedman wrote:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2002, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I requested help at the time on this list. I got
>
> a number of private responses that indicated to me
>
> that other people had failed and given up. I think
>
> there is a problem here. Some people are lucky.
>
> Some people are unlucky. This is not the way it
>
> should be.

Did you remember to also use the four driver disks, in addition to the
root and rescue disks?

I've installed a number of machines (>20) directly as woody without
upgrading from stable.

HTH,

Daniel

No, I didn't "remember". I saw them there in the directory along
with the rescue and floppy. I was expecting to see, also, about
eleven "base" floppy images. I downloaded what I saw. I fed the
driver floppies into the computer when they were asked for. I had
done several installs of potato recently, so there was not anything
about to process that seemed amiss. But when it came time to
connect to the internet, I did not see a way to initiate dialing. It appeared that the install script expected that my computer be on a
LAN that had routing to the internet already set up, which, of course, is not what I have.
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@quiknet.com