Re: base files for woody?

On Sun, 2002-01-13 at 19:44, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, David B Harris wrote:
>
> > Wait until it's released.
>
> Well, that's ok, but it's kind of confusing when there's a directory with
> all of the other necessary files and even an installation manual; it gives
> one the impression that it is already possible to install woody rather
> than just upgrading to it.
>

> --

There is not a base.tgz package for woody. There has been a change from
the way Potato did the install.

I have been 'installing' Woody here on numerous boxes. I have used two
methods,  the two boot disks & the net-install iso.Both with no
problems.There is not a 'base-install' package, it installs the base
system  by downloading & installing individual packages.
--
Greg C. Madden
Debian GNU/Linux