Re: 2 questions: Sylpheed & Mozilla

Curtis Vaughan wrote:

> The Sylpheed question is rather easy, I hope.
> How do you uninstall it?  Just delete directories?

How did you install it? If you used a .deb package, then

  dpkg -P sylpheed

should do the trick.

If you compiled it yourself, and installed it with "make install", then
you could try "make uninstall" in the Sylpheed source directory.

> Mozilla:
> Earlier I asked about how to make Mozilla my default browser.  Ok, I got that
> to work, but now I have different problem.  Say, for example, I have a
> hyperlink in a letter.  If I tap on it, Mozilla starts up, but with a blank
> page.  It doesn't go to the hyperlink.

That would probably have to do with how the program in which you see
this link (your mail client, or X terminal if you use a text-mode mail
client) handles embedded URLs. Since you're wanting to uninstall
Sylpheed, there's no point in configuring it properly, so what other
mail client do you use? If it's a text-mode app, then what X terminal do
you use (xterm, rxvt, gnome-terminal...)? Once you tell us what software
is involved, someone can tell you how to configure it.

> Also, and perhaps related, is the
> fact that you can't copy an address and paste it into the address space for
> Mozilla.

I do that all the time. Sounds like whatever program you're copying the
text from isn't doing it right. What program is that?

Craig