Re: cdrecord blank causes system block

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 06:24:13PM +0100, David Gardi wrote:
> Hi people,
> I own a Philips CDRW 16x10x40. Things seem to be working normally (more
> or less) apart from one strange problem.
>
> When I do Ex. cdrecord blank=all
> The blanking process starts, and completes ok, but during the blanking
> process, the system
> freezes. I can't open an xterm, cannot perform another login, terminate
> a running process.
>
> When the blank completes, then all resumes as normal. This does not
> happen when I'm writing to a cd, just blank.
>
> I'm using cdrecord 1.10-2.3, -scanbus seems to be reporting correctly.

Hi,
I had similar problem, but I wasn't able to write CD, only blank CDR
worked. I found that my ATAPI ZIP caused this. I moved both my HDs to
ide0 and cdwriter and ZIP to ide1. The ZIP MUST NOT have close jumper in
'A' setup. BIOS must not say it is FLOPPY. Since this HW shuffle it's
working.

Hope this helps a bit.

Patrik