Re: squirrelmail: apache/php and register_globals

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, martin f krafft wrote:
> lucky it. it's a vanilla install with register_globals being the *only*
> thing i changed (to off) in php.ini.

Hmm...

> php.ini  |  dconf  |  .htaccess  ||  master  |  local
>   Off    |  On     |     On      ||   Off    |   Off          // NOT OK
>   Off    |  On     |             ||   Off    |   Off          // NOT OK
>   Off    |         |     On      ||   Off    |   Off          // NOT OK
>   Off    |  Off    |     Off     ||   Off    |   Off          // ok
>   Off    |  Off    |             ||   Off    |   Off          // ok
>   Off    |         |     Off     ||   Off    |   Off          // ok
>   Off    |         |             ||   Off    |   Off          // ok
>   On     |  On     |     On      ||   On     |   Off          // NOT OK
>   On     |  On     |             ||   On     |   Off          // NOT OK
>   On     |         |     On      ||   On     |   Off          // NOT OK
>   On     |  Off    |     Off     ||   On     |   Off          // ok
>   On     |  Off    |             ||   On     |   Off          // ok
>   On     |         |     Off     ||   On     |   Off          // ok
>   On     |         |             ||   On     |   On           // ok
>
> and yes, i am very certain to not have left stray .htaccess files.

Yes, there appears to be a serious bug in this thing all-right.
I just went to the system I have working, and tried to find out what is
happening there (where it works).

php.ini register_globals is on (urk). This is not enough to get squirrelmail
to work (bug in php4.1). I also have dconf setting it to On on all
squirrelmail directories, and THAT managed to get it to "on".

No .htaccess files.

  Henrique Holschuh