Re: Package Repository

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:49:53 +0000
Nicholas Avenell <nicholas@aquarionics.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a simple, step by set guide to turning a directory
> full of .deb files into something I can access with a sources.list
> entry.
>
> In this case, /var/cache/apt/archives/.

While the other suggestions on the list I've seen will work, I'm partial
to 'apt-get install httpd apt-utils' then 'cd /var/www; ln -s
/var/cache/apt/archives/ debs; cd debs; apt-ftparchive packages ./ >
Packages; gzip -c Packages > Packages.gz', then add a line to a
source.list, "deb http://server.name/debs/ ./"

Always worked for me, and it's pretty simple. Repeat the
'apt-ftparchive' and 'gzip' commands whenever you add/remove debs from
/var/cache/apt/archives.

--
/    David Barclay Harris            Aut agere, aut mori.      \