Re: altgr rebinding--any problems with this method?

On Sat, 05 Jan 2002 14:07:21 -0600, Gary Turner wrote:

>I want the right alt to be <alt> and not <altgr>.  The plan is to bind
><altgr> to the left MSstartmenu key (keycode 125) and bind <alt> to the
>right alt key (keycode 100).  Is there a problem with this idea?
>
>If my reading of man pages is right, I need to do the following:
>
>    loadkeys keycode 100 = alt <enter>
>    loadkeys keycode 125 = altgr <enter>
>
>or;
>
>    loadkeys /home/gt/mykeybindings <enter>
>
>where mykeybindings is a file containing
>
>    keycode 100 = alt
>    keycode 125 = altgr
>
>Is this keybinding 'permanent' or will it need to be reset after a new
>boot?

OK, I read man pages wrong.  The above did not work.  What I did:

	#loadkeys ./mykeys
	unknown keysym 'alt'    ;; I tried 'meta' too
	./mykeys:3: parse error
	syntax error in map file
	keybindings not changed
	#

Will someone please jump in with their size 10's and help out?  What is
the correct syntax ( this matched the example in man )?  Should I be
using a different command, or hand editing some file?

gt
Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash