altgr rebinding--any problems with this method?

I want the right alt to be <alt> and not <altgr>.  The plan is to bind
<altgr> to the left MSstartmenu key (keycode 125) and bind <alt> to the
right alt key (keycode 100).  Is there a problem with this idea?

If my reading of man pages is right, I need to do the following:

    loadkeys keycode 100 = alt <enter>
    loadkeys keycode 125 = altgr <enter>

or;

    loadkeys /home/gt/mykeybindings <enter>

where mykeybindings is a file containing

    keycode 100 = alt
    keycode 125 = altgr

Is this keybinding 'permanent' or will it need to be reset after a new
boot?

Bonus question:  Since I've gone cross-eyed reading dumpkeys output, I
haven't found the <compose> key.  dumpkeys gives me the bindings, so can
I bind compose to, say, either of the two right MS keys, keycodes 126
and 127?

tnx,

gt
Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash