ext3 vs xfs

I just received a 160 gb hard drive that I plan to partition as one big partition and mount as /home/public on the family file server (woody).  Most of the files in this directory are mp3, mpg, avi, etc.

I've constructed a 2.4.16 kernel with the required ide patch and patched it to support xfs.  I've tested everything and it works, but I haven't put it into use yet.

Anyone have any thoughts on which file system to use?  ext3 or xfs?

Ed