Re: HOWTO update modprobe......

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 12:30:29PM -0500, Courtney Thomas wrote:

> Greetings !
>
> Recently upgraded potato->woody and now find /sbin/modprobe absent.

That doesn't sound right.  If it was there before upgrading (and it
should be because it belongs to a required package in base) it should be
there afterwards.  I take it you have tried something like `locate
modprobe' to see if it is on your system.

> What's the simplest way to retrieve it, please ?

copernicus:$ dpkg -S modprobe
modutils: /usr/share/man/man8/modprobe.8.gz
modutils: /sbin/modprobe

You want the modutils package.

apt-get install modutils or download it and do dpkg -i <package>.

> Also, I saw a recent posting about kldstat. Should I also have this file ?

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages doesn't appear to have any
knowledge of this file so I cannot help here.

> How can I tell if I am missing others ?

Something breaks or doesn't function as you expect might be an indication.

> How should I retrive/update them also ?

As above.

Brian.