Re: Need Help to Program Text Draw Utility

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 10:12:26AM +0100, Schoppitsch Dieter wrote:
| Hi all!
|
| I searched the web and asked in some lists.
|
| But it seems that there is no Linux-utility to draw simple
| ascii-figures (lines, text, rectangles, circles) with
| cut/copy/paste-capacity in textmode.

If you use GGI as the drawing engine, then you can configure it to use
the 'aa' (ascii-art) backend.  It is rather funny to start up quake in
ascii art.

| Such a program would perfect my
| 'Textbased-M$-Office-on-a-Linuxbox-World' to easily draw
| (more or less) simple ascii-pictures for presentations and
| sketches.
|
| But I am neither firm in programming C/C++ on Debian-Linux
| nor able to organize a programming project efficiently.
|
| * Is there any programmer interested to program such
| an utility?
|
| All I can contribute is a vision and a Turbo-Pascal-DOS-Program
| I wrote years before.

I don't know if there are any alternate language bindings for libggi
yet (it is implemented in C).

-D

--

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you
rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and