Need Help to Program Text Draw Utility

Hi all!

I searched the web and asked in some lists.

But it seems that there is no Linux-utility to draw simple
ascii-figures (lines, text, rectangles, circles) with
cut/copy/paste-capacity in textmode.

Such a program would perfect my
'Textbased-M$-Office-on-a-Linuxbox-World' to easily draw
(more or less) simple ascii-pictures for presentations and
sketches.

But I am neither firm in programming C/C++ on Debian-Linux
nor able to organize a programming project efficiently.

* Is there any programmer interested to program such
an utility?

All I can contribute is a vision and a Turbo-Pascal-DOS-Program
I wrote years before.

Thanks
Dieter