Re: JDK as Debian Package

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 12:43:23AM -0600, Deva Seetharam wrote:
> Hi,
> i would like to install JDK 1.3 on my machine.
> is there a java debian package available?
>
> i see that javasoft has tarball available.
> what do i need to do/know to convert that tarball into .deb format?
>
> thanks,
> deva

add this to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/java-linux/debian woody non-free

its Blackdown's Java. plus you have to install the java-common, java-compiler-dummy
and java-virtual-machine-dummy to run the VM properly.
--
"When you have eliminated the impossible,
whatever remains, however improbable,