How o execute cgi using lynx?

I'm trying to get xmltv working on a Debian stable machine.

I've downloaded the latest perl, and installed in in /usr/local/bin, to not
conflict with the Debian supplied version. The I used the CPAN module to
install all teh required perl modules.

Now, I can run all the free standing scripts (using #!/usr/local/bin)
without a problem. This resulsts in my having a XML file with the listings
in it. Tis is not very useful by itself, I need to run the CGI script
supplied with thsi package to select which programs I wish to watch.

Acording to the docs, I should be able to use:

lynx lynxcgi::pick_cgi (pcik_cgi is the name of the CGI perl script).

However doing so just results in the following error mesage:

Excutanle lnk is rejected due to loaction or path.

So, I went and looked in /etc/lynx.cfg, and it looks like I should be anle
to run anythign on the loack machine (if I'm understanding what I see
there, corectlly).

This package looks very useful in minimizing the time I waste looking at TV
(so I can sepnd ore time playing with computers :-)). How can I make this
work?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.