Re: woody & ext3

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 12:06:01PM +0100, François Chenais wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	I would like to install my woody with ext3.
> 	Must I install it ext2 and transform to ext3 or
> 	is there any way to get install disk using ext3 ?
>

> 	Thanks
>
> 		François
I believe that there are some images available for woody that support
the latest kernels with ext3 in them. However, the best solution is
to simply get the latest boot-floppies and other required software and
to create your own installation disk set.

Then you can switch to tty2, partition and format manually in ext3 and
then switch back to tty1 and complete the install.

Note that this is not trivial and a large amount of RTFM'ing is required.

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman
Nottingham

BOFH Excuse Board:
waste water tank overflowed onto computer