Signatures

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 08:58:32PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
<stuff>
> Peace.

OK, so here is one of the few places that I get signed email fairly
often, so it is the first time it is getting a real workout.  For some
reason, gnupg is unable to verify the signatures however (for example,
Karsten's).  I am beginning to wonder what it is I am doing wrong?

Here is the result from mutt running gnupg on Karsten's sig:

gpg: Signature made Thu Jan  3 00:58:31 2002 AST using DSA key ID 55F2B9B0
gpg: requesting key 55F2B9B0 from search.keyserver.net ...
gpg: [fd 9]: read error: Connection reset by peer
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

I have setup search.keyserver.net as the default keyserver to fetch
keys, but it seems to not give a response.  When I go to
www.keyserver.net and manually enter the key ID, after a long pause I
get a blank screen.  So, what is being done wrong here?

--
William Burrow -- New Brunswick, Canada