Re: Tarball conversion

"Paul A. Thomas" wrote:

>  > Given that you're still in windows (and you want to view the docs
>  > on-line) I recommend the HTML format :
>  >
>  > http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/tarballs/newbiedoc-html-0.3.0.tar.gz
>  >
>  > They also have the HTML docs available directly on their web server so
>  > you can browse them without downloading a tarball.
>
> The single source all encompassing document is not available via HTML,
> only bits and pieces,

Paul, the above should give you everything you need.  It's in "bits and
pieces", because it's really meant to be HTML documents (note the
plural) that are served up on a site.

If I were you, I'd unzip and untar it (possible through WinZip?), then
just start browsing the index file using the file browsing capabilities
of your web browser.

(Alternatively, you could use an actual file server for Windows).

E.g., decompress/untar it into c:\newbiedoc, then browse

file:///C|/newbiedoc/index.html

That's got all the links to the other pages, and you can print them as
you go from your browser.  Yes, it's tedious...

Hope that helps.