emacs21: changes in behaviour

I have installed emacs21 today and while experimenting with it I noticed
the following changes in behaviour - both of them causing problems for
me:

1. According to the emacs news the Home and End keys will no longer take
me to the beginning or end of buffer.  I have to use C-Home and C-End.
No problem on X-windows, but this does not work on tty.

2. The second problem also relates to the behaviour of emacs on a tty:
I normally use the following script to activate gnuserv or gnuclient:

-----------------------------
#!/bin/sh
if [ -z "$1" ]
then
   LEER="/tmp/gnuserv.`date +'%H%M%S'`"
else
   LEER=$1
fi

pidof emacs && gnuclient -q $LEER || emacs -f gnuserv-start $LEER
------------------------------

If the first instance of emacs is running on a tty, gnuclient just opens
a new buffer on the existing emacs - even if I want it to run under X11.

If the gnuserv was started under X11, I get the following error when
trying to run the script (above):

Restarting gnuserv
(New file)
error in process filter: byte-code: Wrong number of arguments:
#[(&optional tty terminal-type) "ÂÀÁ	D#?§" [tty terminal-type
make-device] 5 "Create a new device on TTY.  TTY should be the name of a
tty device file (e.g. \"/dev/ttyp3\" under SunOS et al.), as returned by
the `tty' command.  A value of nil means use the stdin and stdout as
passed to XEmacs from the shell.  If TERMINAL-TYPE is non-nil, it should
be a string specifying the type of the terminal attached to the
specified tty.  If it is nil, the terminal type will be inferred from
the TERM environment variable."], 3 error in process filter: Wrong
number of arguments: #[(&optional tty terminal-type) "ÂÀÁ	D#?"
[tty terminal-type make-device] 5 "Create a new device on TTY.  TTY
should be the name of a tty device file (e.g. \"/dev/ttyp3\" under SunOS
et al.), as returned by the `tty' command.  A value of nil means
use the stdin and stdout as passed to XEmacs from the shell.
  If TERMINAL-TYPE is non-nil, it should be a string specifying the
type of the terminal attached to the specified tty.  If it is nil,
the terminal type will be inferred from the TERM environment
variable."], 3

Are there cures for these problems?

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my
      word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath
      everlasting life, and shall not come into
      condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."
                   John 5:24