Re: wwwoffle loading Newbie #61

On 2002.01.01 21:45 Brenda J. Butler wrote:
On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 09:14:39PM +0000, Pollywog wrote:
> On 2001.12.30 20:21 Ian Balchin wrote:

> Put this in the script /etc/init.d/wwwoffle on a line by itself, after
the
> line that has #!/bin/sh
>
> exit 0
>

> OR, preferably, remove the startup links with
>
> update-rc.d -f wwwoffle remove
>

> The second approach at least allows you to stop or start wwwoffle
manually.

Well, the update-rc.d man page says that this will only work if
/etc/init.d/wwwoffle has also been removed.

I can't imagine why that would be the case.

Anyone, wtf is this wwwoffle thing anyway?  I don't have a man
page or an info page for it, and there is nothing in /usr/share/doc.
(Ok, google says wwwoffle homepage is http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk,
and it's the World Wide Web Offline Explorer).
And why can't we uninstall it without also uninstalling
task-dialup (via apt-get remove)?  Does anyone have any
advice on this?

That's correct. wwwoffle allows you to download a website and browse it offline at a later time.

--
Andrew