Re: Memory leakage

kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Try the following on each of your mounted partitions, starting at the
> mount point:
>
>     $ du -sx * | sort -nr | cat -n | less
>
> ...which will list out your largest directories, with usage sumarized,
> in size order.  Track down where the storage seems to be going.

Thanks a lot. Following your indication I was able to determine what the
problem was: About 2 weeks ago I had changed my /etc/ppp/options file,
uncommenting debug and writting kdebug 7 (!!!)
So, du -sx etcetera took me right away to
/var/log, where I found
syslog 685016
debug 684696
kern.log 684592

rm them, rebooted and got back 2 gigs of space!
Lesson: BE very carefull implementing kdebug level 7 in /etc/ppp/options
Thanks again,
Antonio.