Re: Installing Debian trouble

At Wed, 03 Jan 2001 10:48:17 -0600,
Jon Pennington wrote:

> "Holp, John Mr." wrote:

[...]
> >         The system then attempts to extract and then comes up with "File
> > error!"
> >
> >         There was a problem extracting the Base System from
> > /instmnt/debian/dists/slink/main/disks-i386/current/base2_1.tgz
>
> Sounds like a bad CD.  If you have high-speed network access, I'd advise
> using http instead of CD, or getting a different CD.

One little addition, if I may: You don't really want to install
version 2.1 anyway, if you can help it(*). It is about 1.5 versions
behind the current development. Besides installing Debian 2.2
is actually a bit easier than installing 2.1. If you can wait 3 to
4 days, a 3 CD set is about $6 at cheapbytes.com.