Re: OT - Virus?

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:26:20 -0900, you wrote:

:On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 10:08:24AM -0800, Michael Smith wrote:
:> I second this.  I mean, come on, if you can read the script, you can tell at
:> least a little of what it does, and it doesn't sound too good.  I guess this is
:> one of the voluntary email viruses--you have to run it.
:
:NOTICE: you have just been infected with Cooperative UNIX Email Virus,
:to cooperate please run rm -rf / as root.  Thank you for your
:cooperation.
:
:;-)
:
:> Tell the guy who sent it to you that he has to do a better job of social
:> engineering next time, and then don't talk to him any more.
:
:or just laugh at him while dropping his address into the bottom of
:your killfile.

I should have been a little more clear about a few things.  Obviously I
never had any intentions of running it.  And second it was an elf binary,
not a script.  That was just what I could gather from the hex editor.  Too
bad his message headers don't seem too useful :-(.

jt

Debian GNU/Linux   http://www.debian.org
FreeBSD            http://www.freebsd.org