Re: upgrading the kernel to 2.4

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Jon Pennington wrote:

> Phil Brutsche wrote:

> > A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
> >
> > > it didn't help me! version in unstable(testing) is still 2.3.11 and 2.4
> > > kernels need at least 2.3.18 (from Changes).
> >
> > unstable != testing
> >
> > You need the modutils from unstable (sid).  Keep in mind that that you can
> > just plop the binary package in to a woody system - you'll need to compile
> > your own .deb.
>
> This is probably pretty dangerous, but I keep a Potato box at home for
> when I feel like hand-rolling things, and I have the following entry in
> /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
>   deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free
> contrib

I also have this line but it doesn't help at all if you don't have the
right version in unstable as well

>   apt-get source -b blackbox

Yes, I always do this.

Thanks any way!

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21