Re: System.map irritation

    Pollywog>  On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 15:08:31 -0500, David B.Harris said:
    Pollywog>
    >> Hey there :)
    >>
    >> I'm new to the list(but I've actually subscribed ;), and I'm
    >> having a bit of an irritant considering an error I get often:
    >>
    >> {module_list} {module_list_R__ver_module_list} Warning:
    >> /usr/src/linux/System.map does not match kernel data.
    Pollywog>  I am having the same problem with the latest test kernel
    Pollywog> (2.4.0-test12) and I believe the problem might be due to
    Pollywog> the fact that I need to upgrade some package, either
    Pollywog> modutils or kernel-package; I seem to recall reading
    Pollywog> something like that somewhere.  I have upgraded to the
    Pollywog> latest Woody versions, but I still get that error.  I do
    Pollywog> not have that problem with the test11 kernel.

Add me to the list of people having that problem:

@viper:[/home/ssahmed] ps
{scsi_do_cmd} {__VERSIONED_SYMBOL(scsi_do_cmd)}
Warning: /boot/System.map-2.4.0-test12 does not match kernel data.
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
[snip]

Same happens with top.

I am using 2.4.0-test12, with all packages upgraded to latest
unstable/sid versions.

I had recompiled my kernel after kernel-package was last upgraded, but
that didn't solve the problem. Maybe it something to do with
2.4.0-test12 as I didn't have this problem with test11.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com