Re: ppp-Problem

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 20:11:39 +0100 (MET)
Mathias Gehrung <mgehrung@gmx.de> wrote:

> Peer is not authorized to use remote address 10.0.49.1
> sent [IPCP TermReq id=0x4 "Unauthorized remote IP address"]
> rcvd [IPCP TermAck id=0x4]
> sent [LCP TermReq id=0x3 "No network protocols running"]

I don't know if I am right with this now since I don't know very much
about the rest of your configuration, but reading the error messages it
seems that you are running your system with trying pppd to create a
connection while requesting a default IP address (10.0.49.1) which
obviously is not supported / not allowed for dial-up users on your
providers systems. Same way, it's possible that your provider doesn't
allow to set default IP addresses at all, being in Germany I haven't so
far seen a 'normal' dial-up provider doing right this... Anyhow, try to
set your dial-up configuration to not request an IP address.. When using
pppconfig for setting up connections, this should be working after
entering "Advanced options" and set "Ipdefault" explicitely to
"noipdefault". I am not sure if this is the *only* configuration issue
causing your problem, but it's 'first thought' and it is all I probably
can tell you without knowing more about your configuration... Hope it
helps, anyhow! :)

Regards,
Kristian

--
"Awaken to a light of knowing all your truth was lies,
 and all the faith which you embraced has left you blind.

 Kristian Rink :: bits: celestial_spirit@web.de ::
 paper : ++49 / 180 5052 5560 8162 :: ask for pgp key!