Re: resuming apt-get downloads

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 11:59:35AM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 01:19:07PM +0200, Serafim Zanikolas wrote:
> >    I've noticed that apt-get doesn't anymore resume a partially
> FTP can resume partially downloaded file transfer.
>
> HTTP can not resume partially downloaded file but faster and easy on IP
> masquerading.
> Or run from root:
>  # apt-setup

   I'm afraid that /etc/apt/sources.list has mostly ftp entries, and
apt-get output indicates that these are the ones actually being used.
I haven't found any of the keywords ``resume'' or ``partial'' neither
in the relevant man pages nor the apt-howto.

   Also tried with apt-cache to figure out what's the package that
contains apt-setup but, again, with no success. Thank you for your
reply, any other hints greatly appreciated!

Happy new year :)

--
Serafim Zanikolas                                       Proud of running
http://www.it.teithe.gr/~serzan                         Debian GNU/Linux