Re: Tarball conversion

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 09:20:58AM -0800, Paul A. Thomas wrote:
| In trying to view the document named 'newbiedoc' I find the only format
| it is offered in is tarball zip.  The conversion programs I was able to
| find all seem to translate from one Linux format to another.
|
| I am hoping that once the document is unzipped I will be able to read it
| with Word or Notebad... (?) but can not open the file.  Is anybody aware
| of a program which would allow me to open this file and print it here at
| work?

The format is a "gzipped tarball" (gzip is a different format and
algorithm than zip).  Both winzip and power archiver can open gzipped
and tarred files without any trouble.  Once opened, I think the
documents are in HTML format, but I'm not certain.

| (Side note: my first post here did not wrap properly.  I've checked all
| of the systems I use for Email and all are set to 72 characters for
| outgoing messages ( Netscape 4.75 and 6.2 ).  IF this message has the
| same problem I'm open to suggestions on resolving it.  )

This message looks fine to me :-).

-D

--

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes at least a 486 to run Windows 95.