Re: Packages on a cd..

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 09:02:27PM -0500, dman wrote:
   > On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 03:28:01AM -0800, Petre Daniel wrote:
   > | What's the simpliest way to see what packages i got on a debian cd,using
   > | command line?
   >
   > 'ls' :-).
   >
   > Just mount the disk and browse it.  The packages are all .deb files.

I just copy the Packages.gz file to my home directory and do a zless on
that. A zgrep "Package: " Package.gz | less would give the list of all
packages.

Similarly, I just copy the Contents.gz file to my home. If some program
complains about a missing file, I just zgrep the file name on
Contents.gz and then install that file. Has served me well so long.

--
Sridhar M.A.                         mas@uomphysics.net

Many husbands go broke on the money their wives save on sales.