Re: ADAPTEC 2040U2W PROBLEM

<quote who="JM Vainio">
> Hello!

> scsi bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
> scsi host 0 channel 0 reset (pid17) timed out - trying harder
> scsi bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
> scsi host 0 abort (pid17) timed out - resetting
> scsi bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
> (scsi0:0:0:0) device reset, message buffer in use

> Is anyone here familiar with this kind of issues?

yep i had that occur on my 2 intel ISP2150 servers.
the workaround is to tell the driver not to reset
the card, its a kernel option you type when you
boot the system at the boot: prompt. navigate through
the help screens and it will be there, its something
like

aic78xxx=no_reset

its been a long time since ive used it(about a year)
so you'll have to look at the help(F1,F2,F3 keys etc
at the "Welcome to debian gnu/linux!" screen)

good luck

nate